September 13, 2008

Share The Passion Gala

I had the opportunity to photograph the Down Syndrom Association of Central Texas Calendar Release Gala a few weeks ago. What a great night! The children who were photographed in the calendar arrive by limo and walk the red carpet to shine like a star. The Biscuit Brothers were there to perform and entertain the kids along with yummy food and drink. All of this took place at Art on 5th...a cool art gallery downtown. My best friend that I moved to TX with has a little girl, Lexi, who was featured in the calendar this year. I can't tell you how much my family loves this little girl. She is super cute, funny, independent, loveable and so much more! Did you know that over 90% of women abort their baby when they find out it will have Down Syndrome? I found this statistic unbelievable. These children lead incredibly normal lives. DSACT is working to make people more aware of what great human being children with Down Syndrome really are. If you'd like to support this great cause, you can purchase a 2009 calendar at www.dsact.com.
This year's calendar has a couple hotties supporting their cause...Brad Pitt AND Brad Womack!










2 comments:

Misty said...

How Sweet! I'm sure those kids had the time of their lives that night. They deserve it.

Cindy said...

Great Pictures, Would like to get some of my family.

email me:

Cindy