February 4, 2009

She Was A Tall, Cool Woman In a Black Dress

Ok, so she's not really tall and she wasn't wearing a black dress but she is REALLY cool. This is my mom-in-law. For all you gals out there that don't get along with your mom-in-law, I feel bad for you... b/c mine's the greatest!!! It hasn't always been that way though. In the beginning of me and Leroy's relationship I was scared to death of this woman. You see when Leroy and I started dating he still lived at home with his mom. I know, I know (that was a little hard for me to swallow at the time, too.) When I would stay over I'd try and creep out of the house at like 5:00am but the woman gets up before the crack of dawn so she'd always be sitting at the kitchen table doing her crossword puzzles and she would just peer over her little bifocal glasses and just watch me walk by. I KNOW personally the definition of taking the "walk of shame"! I'd just shutter as I walked by just waiting for her to pull her pistol out of her housecoat and put a bullet through me. She never did though. Those walks of shame grew into a loving relationship that we laugh about today. Here's to all those COOL mom-in-laws out there. By the way, she is not mourning the loss of her husband in some of these shots. Ha! She just owns enough hats to be considered English.







No comments: