June 20, 2010

Out of the Office

I'll be out of the office for the next few weeks. My grandmother (aka Gigi) passed away this weekend and I'll be heading back to Missouri for her funeral and time with my family. I feel so blessed to have had her in my life for 40 years b/c I know there's alot of people who never get to know their grandparents. At the same time though, it makes it that much harder that she's gone now b/c I'm so used to having her here in my life. She was quite the woman of strength. She lost her husband when my mom was 6 years old and she never married again. She always wore her wedding ring that my grandfather had given her 60 years later. She was smart as a whip and even at 90 years old her mind was razor sharp. She was the greatest Gigi ever even if she did love George Bush and Sarah Palin. I'm going to miss her so much and all our little things we did together...I could always count on her to fill me in on Young & The Restless, our shopping trips to the mall, her always staying at my house when she came to visit, the smell of her Youth Dew, her always having a sweet treat for us which was usually fudge bars or frozen snickers, her cute little house, our giggle sessions, her and Sloan teasing each other and most of all her hugs and kisses. Bertha Pauline Erickson was one fine lady and I do love and miss her so much already. Here's a few photos of her from last Christmas... which is so weird to think that she won't be celebrating anymore holidays with us. It's all still trying to sink in.







3 comments:

Misty said...

So sorry Nellis. She sounds like quite a lady!

Tiffany said...

So sorry to hear about your grandma Brandi~ Thank you for sharing so many fun memories of her!

Haley Brown said...

Sorry to hear that Brandi. Looks like some great memories.