April 30, 2011

The Coolest Patriotic Family in Austin!

I photographed this family a few weeks ago and their daughter is actually in class with my son so our connection is from school...love that! Anyway, the dad is getting ready to leave for deployment for war and they wanted to take some family photos since they hadn't taken any for several years. We hit Zilker Park and did some really nice nature shots with the old, oak tree, in the whispy grass and down by the water for some canoe fun. They were so much fun to photograph and there is definitely a lot of love here. They brought an American flag with them to work in the shoot and I have to say the shots with the flag are some of my absolute favorite. There is so much meaning that gets tied into these photos I get teary eyed when I think about all of our military families fighting for us and what they go through. I titled the one with "M" peeking out from the flag, "Daddy goes to war". We salute you!







No comments: