April 23, 2013

Rootin' Tootin' Cowgirl

It doesn't get any better than this...I photographed a 5 year old, "only child", downtown with fun props and the most laid back mom who was on board with everything! That to me is a photographer's dream! We met at the children's museum with the lime green walls and "P" looked so cute in her black and white dress against the bright colored wall. She warmed right up to me and was a real natural in front of the camera. Her mom had brought a HUGE butterfly helium balloon for a fun prop but "P" was so worried about it blowing away we only used it in a few shots. The gerber daisies were such a great pop of color and I loved her mom's bridal veil that they brought b/c we had so much wind that day it felt like we were in a wind tunnel. It worked amazing though with blowing the veil to give it some good height! We can't forget the pink cowgirl boots either! "P" wasn't crazy about the pink cowgirl hat so we had to do some coaxing at the end to get her to take a few shots with the hat. I'm glad we did b/c she looked adorable. Here's the Rootin' Tootin' Cowgirl...enjoy! I just realized I didn't use any of the shots with the gerber daisies in this blog post. Haha! In case you were wondering where those photos were...maybe next time!






No comments: