May 23, 2013

The Boys of Summer

Oh, who remembers their summer after 8th grade finishing middle school and 9th grade the beginning of your high school years?  I so remember that summer like it was yesterday.  After 4 years, I got my braces off the last day of 8th grade and then my mom let me get contact lenses so I felt like a new girl that summer!  Mid summer my girlfriends and I were at the local drive-in (yes, I said drive-in), my sister worked the concession stand there so we'd go to work early with her so we didn't have to pay the fee to get in. Haha! While me and my girlfriends were hanging out on our blanket not paying a stinkin' attention to the movie, a fellow classmate (who I thought was super cute at the time) asked my friends if I was somebody's cousing from out of town.  It was dark out but still he didn't recognize me b/c I had gotten my braces off and didn't have my giant fly like glasses on anymore!  The butterfly had finally blossomed and I thought at that moment "life is good!"  It's those warm summer nights at the drive-in theatre that take me back to those boys of summer.  Enough of my reminiscing here...I photographed this great group of boys who are graduating from the 8th grade and their mom's wanted to do a photo shoot of them together b/c their such good friends, they have lots of fun together and they are all into football!  I had alot of fun trying to organize the chaos here but once we got started it did NOT take long for them to get into it and start coming up with some of their own fun ideas for the shoot.  So, here are The Boys of Summer 2013!







No comments: