November 6, 2013

I Call It A "Drive By"

There is nothing better than when you are photographing wee ones that don't want to be held anymore and just want to run around. Well, we had that with this shoot. The baby was cracking me up! I love the very first photo that I titled, "The Drive By" because we had the family staged and ready to go by the doors but the baby didn't want to be over there. We played all sorts of games with her to coax her over by her family and eventually we got her with the family but the "in progress" shot is my fav. Plus, look how happy she is! It's like she's saying, "I'm freeeeeeeeeee!" What a Saturday this turned out to be. The photos turned out great considering what I went through getting to the shoot. On my way to the shoot that morning, the hood (on my husband's car of course) FLEW UP while I was driving 70 mph on the highway and shattered my windshield! After I screamed bloody murder and figured out what had happened, I had to use the driver side window to guide myself to the shoulder. I told my neighbor it was like I had driven into a black garbage bag. At first I thought a huge piece of fabric had flown up from the side of the road and stuck to my windshield. Thank God I got pulled over safely and I'd like to thank all those Texas boys out there that did a "Drive By" that morning in their big pick up trucks for NOT stopping! What? Anyway, I had alot of fun at the shoot once I made it there and we got some really cute photos of the family. The baby also found a puddle that was in the alley way and her parents actually let her splash around in it and I was thankful b/c those are some of the most fun shots I've gotten recently. I love, love, love when moments like that happen in a shoot and the parents don't snuff it out. Here's The Drive By!





No comments: