September 5, 2014

Baby "C"!

It's only appropriate that my next post on here be the baby that was born from my last blog post! Oh my goodness, what a little cutie pie! He is absolutely adorable and we got some really cute shots of him as well as the family. This family is one of my absolute favs because they just roll with the punches. I have not gotten to photograph any one week old newborns before. I have photographed many a baby but it seems the baby is usually around 2 months old before I get to photograph them so needless to say I was a bit nervous about handling a newborn so I discussed this with the family. They were good with helping mold the baby and handling him for me. In preparation, I went to Pinterest for inspiration with newborn photography and I found some really amazing photo ideas. One of the ideas, was mom laying on the bed and the baby curled up next to her and their faces were almost cheek to cheek...very beautiful. Our version was a bit different. The baby wasn't swaddled so his arms and hands kind of went into a position as if you were going to act like a hopping bunny and then we got to laughing so hard because we busted out into, "What does the fox say? Dink, dink, dink da dink to dink!" So, Rachael went ahead and did her hands into a "bunny hop" position as well and I was nearly crying from laughing so hard. Our beautiful mother/son PInterest inspired shot turned into our very own original "baby/animal photography by Brandi Nellis". And, that is why I love this family! They rolled with it and just let what happens happen! The other super fun shot that I have to comment on is dad watching football with his son. This was Chris' idea and I love the originality and realness of this shot. The photos of dad cradling the baby in black and white are beautiful but this is Chris...funny, football lovin', sports watchin' dad. Hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's BAby C!





No comments: