March 8, 2018

Meet Me In Memphis

I was so excited for my trip to Memphis to check out this old, colorful city and to meet up with a cute boy (that I already know) and of course the day before I'm to leave I start feeling like dog doo. Seriously? Whyyyyy? Why right before the trip? Why not the week before or when I get home? Noooooo! It has to happen during the trip...ugh. I still made the trip but I went down hill more once I got there so I didn't get to see as much as I would've liked to have. I still had fun and was taken well care of but I guess I'll just have to go back for a round 2. I did want to share some of the pics from my trip because Memphis has a really old, cool vibe with lots of art and music. We stayed downtown at Hotel Napoleon and it's an old building that has been completely remodeled on the inside and our room was cozy with giant windows looking out onto the city. The service was excellent and everyone was super friendly. The location was perfect. We could walk to The Peabody in 2 minutes, Beale Street in 5-7 minutes and S. Main in 2-3 minutes. The streets are filled with these old, glamorous buildings with amazing detail and a lot of them are sitting empty...could definitely tell this place used to be thriving. I always can dream SO big when I see these places that have such good bones but need a good gut job. They're diamonds in the rough. I have no doubt that Memphis is on it's way back. Beale Street is where the action happens with the live music at BB King's Blues Bar and all sorts of other places. It's sort of a mini 6th Street like here in Austin. You can just walk up and down the closed off road and meander into shops, bars and restaurants and check out the different vibes. No, I didn't make it to Graceland...just didn't have the energy so I'll have to go back to check that out. I do have a photo of me and my sister when we were little in front of Graceland. It was closed that day or maybe that's just what our dad told us. Ha! Who knows! All in all, Memphis gets my vote! If you have the opportunity to go, I say check it out and enjoy the vibe. It's even better if you can meet a cute boy there, too. #travelphotographer #meetmeinmemphis #hotelnapoleon #burnttoast #bestporkribs #Gus'sworldfamousfriedchicken

No comments: