February 17, 2010

The One & Only Inspirational DeeAnn

Do you ever feel like you should be doing more with your life? Sometimes I think I should be doing more to help the world out. I LOVE my job as a photographer but there are times that I think I should be doing more meaningful photography work with the talents God has given me (I don't know what that would be though). I'm often reminded frequently by my clients that they will cherish their photos forever and I'm then reminded that my photography does serve a purpose.
I recently got a phone call from DeeAnn who wanted to do one of my "It's A Girl Thing" packages where you get hair and make up done. You see, DeeAnn is currently fighting breast cancer and is in chemo and radiation treatments. She lost her husband 4 years ago to cancer and is raising two wonderful boys on her own. Her sister has come to live with them for awhile and help her however needed. When she called me, she let me know that she has no hair, eyelashes or eyebrows and really wanted some professional help. Also, she just wanted her sister to be able to be pampered and have some fun, too. Brian (my stylist) and I offered them a day of fun and relaxation. After Brian finished DeeAnn's hair and make up and we were on our way to the country for our photoshoot, DeeAnn let me know that she felt absolutely wonderful about the way she looked. This made my heart smile and reminded me that I am doing something truly meaningful and I love it.









1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Brandi~ You are so amazing! Thank you for sharing this beautiful, strong, amazing family with us. What an incredible story~ Life is not always easy and I am just always so inspired by others and the fights they have and the way they handle everything with such grace.
Thank you for sharing, I really needed it! :)